For the first time, we are taking an expedition specifically for our friends and supporters. This Insider’s Expedition is a one-of-a-kind trip to Greece where you will visit ancient sites and also examine Greek New Testament manuscripts with Dan Wallace and members of our staff.
We want to give you the opportunity to see many of the places mentioned in the New Testament and also to go behind-the-scenes at libraries where historic copies of the New Testament are housed. This will be unprecedented access, and ensure it is a trip unlike any other. We will likely never be able to do a trip like this again, so now is your chance.
The dates of this expedition are March 7–16, 2020. Our planned destinations include:
- The Acropolis: An ancient citadel containing the remains of several significant, ancient buildings, the most famous being the Parthenon.
- Mars Hill: The site where Paul preached his famous sermon in Acts 17.
- The National Library of Greece: A beautiful modern library where you will have the opportunity to view New Testament Greek manuscripts. CSNTM digitized over 150,000 pages of manuscripts here in 2015 and 2016.
- Lycabettos Hill: One of Athens’ many hills with a panoramic sunset view.
- Benaki Museum: A museum of Greek culture located in the heart of Athens. CSNTM digitized 36 Greek New Testament manuscripts in the Benaki’s collection in 2009.
- Meteora: A stunning rock formation hosting one of the largest and most precipitously built complexes of Orthodox monasteries.
- Islands: An all-day cruise to the islands of Hydra, Poros, and Aegina.
- Corinth: One of the most significant archaeological sites in Greece, Corinth was an important city in Paul’s missionary work and the recipient of the epistles 1 and 2 Corinthians.
The Insider’s Expedition is being managed by Ancient Tours. The company’s co-founders, Dr. David Hoffeditz (ThM from Dallas Theological Seminary and PhD from the University of Aberdeen) and Dr. Richard Blumenstock (ThM and DMin from Dallas Theological Seminary) will lead the tour, sharing their expertise as guides of biblical sites. You can view trip information such as our destinations, costs, and travel details at this website—http://www.ancienttours.org/the-csntm-tour-march-7-16-2020/.
You can register for the trip here. We can only take twenty couples on this unique trip, and it is filling up. If you have any questions, you can reach out directly to Ancient Tours or to us at the Center.