Donating Stocks and Bonds
You can donate stocks and bonds directly to the Center for the Study of New Testament Manuscripts. In fact, you may potentially receive significant tax savings if you have had stocks for more than a year and are worth more than what you purchased them for. This can be a great way to invest in the Center’s mission and take advantage of the benefits for charitable giving in the U.S. Tax Code.
How It Works
Gifts of stocks or bonds can be given directly to CSNTM; you don’t have to sell them first. This can be done in one of two ways:
First, give securely through our partner, Overflow.
Second, contact your broker directly with this information handy:
1. CSNTM’s Broker: Vanguard
2. CSNTM’s DTC Number: 0062
3. CSNTM’s Account Name: Center for the Research of Early Christian Documents
4. CSNTM’s Account Number: 87620242
5. CSNTM’s Federal Tax ID: 30-0121808
6. Name of stock to be transferred
7. Number of shares to be transferred
If you process the stock donation manually, CSNTM Will Need This Information:
Please send the following information via email or letter to Mark Gaither or Pete Forde. Without this information, the transfer may show up anonymously without any information identifying you as the donor.
1. Your name, address, email address, and phone number
2. Your brokerage firm’s name
3. Name of stock being transferred
4. Number of shares being transferred
5. Anticipated date of transfer
Mark Gaither, Chief Operating Officer
The information on this website is not intended as legal or tax advice. For such advice, please consult an attorney or tax advisor. Figures cited in any examples are for illustrative purposes only. References to tax rates include federal taxes only and are subject to change. State law may further impact your individual results. You should consult with your financial planner regarding the best options for managing your assets and giving to charitable causes.
CSNTM is a US-based 501(c)(3) non-profit organization with the Federal Tax ID: 30-0121808.